10 best... The Cure's songs

Two words, one legend. This sentence can summarize perfectly one music band, because when we talk about this band headed by John R. Smith, we talk about one legend, we talk about a great band, we talk about The Cure.

Today I am going to show my ten favourite songs of The Cure. Their style is unique within the music world and they have influenced many bands and their alternative rythms marked one generation. On the other hand, a prove that show their influence and importance are the large number of famous songs and hymns that they have. Just Like Heavent, Lullaby, Boys Don't Cry... Everybody, from whatever age, knows these hits and everyone admits that some of these songs are the best songs of the music history.

I have to say that The Cure is one of my favourite bands and for me has been very hard to do a selection of only ten songs. However, I had decided the first position since the first moment: Just Like Heaven. This song is for me a perfect song, it is a song that makes me to travel and to forget the problems while I'm listening it. I can't say what means exactly for me, but it has some that makes it so special.

Once we have done this introduction, is time to begin with our particular ranking about the ten best songs. ¿Are you prepared to discover what are the highlighted songs? I show them below this ranking.


1- Just Like Heaven; from the album "Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me" (1987)

2- Love Song; from the album "Disintegration" (1989)

3- Friday I'm In Love; from the album "Wish" (1992)

4- In Between Days; from in the album "The Head On The Door" (1985)

5- Boys Don't Cry; from in the album "Boys Don't Cry" (1980)

6- A Forest; from the album "Seventeen Seconds" (1980)

7- Mint Car; from in the album "Wild Mood Swings" (1996)

8- Lullaby; from in the album "Disintegration" (1989)

9- High; from in the album "Wish" (1992)

10- Let's Go To Bed; from in the album "Japanese Whispers" (1983)


HxnC

If you enjoyed it you should read:

- 10 best... Oasis' songs

- Las diez mejores canciones de... The Cure